Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shortly after my new yeaar greeting, I had my first real episode with my gift of BPD and spent 11 days in the comfort of the psych hospital in our little area .  The hospital was very nice....the first one I have been in in ten years.  I am at a loss to say what happened, because nothing really triggered this incident. I went to an appointment with my psychologist and she took one look at me and said you look like you need to be in the hospital.  This Dr. haas been treating me for ten years and knows me well.  So well that I asked her to call my pdoc, who has redcently become Head of the hospital, to make arrangements; I went in that evening.  Unlike former times, I was in a strictly psych unit -- no substance abuse issues.  For four days my doc kept me on the floor and wouldn't let me leave the unit for meals or recreation.  I read and attended a few classes...and relaxed.    While I was terribly depressed, I was aalso vrery anxious.  I can  only assume that what brought this on was the natural rhythmic swing of my body  which took a dip down in mood.  It has taken all this time to build .  up to a point that I am articulate enough to attempt this post.

I am currently in Arizona with my son and daughter-in-law ane two grandsons, visiting for their graduation.  Also visiting my daughter who lives here.  The 108 degrees here is more comfortable that 94 and the humidity where I come from, let me tell you.  If my situaation were different, this is where I would live.

I hope everyone is doing well.  Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment