Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Story: The Lady in the Red Coat

Because all stories begin so, wwe must say, "one uponce a time" before we begin....

And there goes the lady in the red coat who always rolls her socks exactly twice and twines that single braid round her head like a fat chignon magically held in place by two sticks.

She dons a contagious smile that will surely pass from face to face as she greets the A.M. crowd. She is a mysterious one. Only seen passing by in the morning. It’s almost as if she disappears into thin air once she turns the corner by the gray walls of the bank building and heads toward the beach. But surely not with those 4" heels. She must stop somewhere before the beach. And then I’m off in a reverie imagining all exciting adventures and splendors of the lady in the red coat..

Meantime, what has walked through the door but the most gregarious, good looking, (aah, I'm getting a sensation in tmystomach) - gorgeous hunk of a man that I have ever viewed. "Mornin'" in a smooth baritone voice. Dark, almost black hair... there goes my first weakness. and when he raises his head it's direct eye-to-eye contact. The kind that leaves you as vulnerable as if you were stripped down to nothing and he could see right through you.

Green like the leaf of a willow . I'm staring into his eyes. They are a most unusual shade of green and take me in, all the way. Almost speechless, I utter, "Oh those eyes" while thinking "They are likely going to get me into trouble."

"Excuse me for staring, but you have the most unusual and beautiful red hair. Allow me to introduce myself...Timothy Foley. I'm new in the condominiums and the brochure recommended this "Coffee Shoppe" as being close and having a wide assortment of coffees. Do you find it of good quality?"  Without a pause, I responded that it has always been "a cut above."

"Aunt Chel, do you mind it so -- the rain?  We'd better hurry home, well get drenched in this downpour.!"  And then the fog lifted in my brain as my niece tugged my hand   "Ah, of course, terribly nice to meet you Mr. Foley"  I quickly drained my cup.  We charged off, Chrissy pulling me through the door and commenting loudly something about I was absolutely staring back intot the coffee shoppe.

 Will I see him again I wondered?  or what about the lady with the red coat?

Copyright October 20, 2005  Michele J Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment