Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Hidden Soul of Beings Affected by Bipolar Disorder...for K M

Saturday, December 10, 2011




                                                          



                                                             Beethoven suffered from extreme mania

I feel amazing. I talked to someone who "fits" for a couple of hours over coffee and it felt so good to be alive, alert and interested in what someone else was saying. Not to be unkind, but I find that in general people do not want to talk, they want to complain, suggest, criticize, or opine. It grates on my brain.

I tend to be a loner or maybe that isn't quite correct........I love being around my kind of people...........I guess I find myself completely undisturbed and thoroughly engaged by myself for days....My conversations with myself or my dog are quite good actually. But when one cannot work, volunteer or otherwise be involved in the outside world because a rapid cycling brain insures that you don't know what tomorrow will be like, .....................well you can figure the rest of that out..... But I so enjoyed conversing with someone about writing and the human element and then how the disorder affects our lives and finally....how, we are unlike others......we are that square peg that does not fit in the round hole........and............it's a good thing...because part of being someone with bipolar disorder pretty much insures that you are intelligent, creative, artistic, emotional, sensitive, very aware of things, inquisitive, perfectionist, and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment